Sarah East: Graduated from Spencerian in 2009 with a degree in Medical Massage Therapy; continued education at University of Kentucky for psychology. A family affair called for me to return to Louisville, to take care of my disabled mom in November 2010, allowing me to only complete 2 years of my psychology degree.
The goals I want to achieve are not only educating people on the holistic aspects of massage and how it will benefit their bodies, but also to work with trauma victims such as car wreck, mental health, cancer/ chronic illness, PTSD, rape/abuse victims, injured athletes/dancers, high risk pregnancy, etc. Not only becoming someone they can communicate with as a Psychologist, but also to incorporate massage therapy as a treatment, instead of prescribing medication.
Specialize in: Sports Massage: stretching, injuries/surgery, muscular pain and stiffness, loss of range of motion/ strength; Deep Tissue, Fibromyalgia, chronic illness, Joint (shoulder, knee, hip) pain and Back injury/surgery, Pregnancy, Migraines, Neck/ Wrist pain/injury, Foot pain/injury, Sinus release, Swedish Massage, Cancer, Car Wreck, and Trauma Massage.
- Sports Massage (pre/post event): includes stretching and the necessary pressure needed to relieve pain and tension.
- Medical Massage (pre/post-surgery): includes necessary pressure and isolated work on muscle locations/scar tissue needing to recover or prevent injury.
- Deep Tissue: includes pressure needed to get into deeper fibers of muscles without injuring the client.
- Relaxation/Swedish: includes relaxing motions at a lighter pressure to stimulate the connective tissue and calm down nerve endings.
- Hot stone: includes hot stones being spread across the muscles with the use of oil, to heat up the muscles all the way to the deepest fibers, this allows the therapist to perform a deep tissue massage without excessive pressure.
Prices: Hours of operation:
$35- ½ hour Mon & Wed. 9:30am-7:30pm
$50 - 45 min Tues. & Thur. 9:45am-6:30pm
$65 - 60 min Friday 9:30am-6:00pm
$100 - 90 min
$135 - 120 min
(additional $35 for hot stone, minimum 60 min).
(Tips are not expected, but always welcome)